Update with indentation issues

If that doesn’t work, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_hjPIrfSM

Thanks @ziplizard, that’s very helpful. Very odd that it just resets.

I’ve just fixed some bugs related to indentation today:

Unfortunately we won’t have a nightly 9.3 build ready until the first week of September. I would suggest either using editorconfig to force your preferred indentation or you could try modifying your Komodo install according to the commit I linked above.

Just do you know my KE9 just crashed once again. In the middle me doing normal text changes.

there could be hidden characters in the code causing the issues you could view a file in a text editor such as bbedit or sublime and view or remove all the spacing on the line in front of your code and try and see if that works.

I have yet to see any indication that your crashes are related to indentation. Have you figured out any way to reproduce these crashes consistently? Can you please start a new thread?

I shared an actual PHP file, via dropbox, on this thread. As far as I can tell, there is nothing unusual about the files. Especially since it is doing this to EVERY file within my project, and that it worked just fine with the same files prior to the update.

I just got the updated to KE9 and the problem still exists! I have used KE for YEARS and I cannot believe you guys would produce such a significant bug. Can you guys PLEASE help me fix this? KE has essentially become unusable being that I have to adjust manually each and every file preference that I open.

The commit I referred to is in Komodo 9.3, which is currently under development. A nightly will soon be available with this fix.

I understand your frustration but we are doing our best to address your concern here as is evident by our numerous responses to this thread. Lets keep this nice and civil.

Thank you for your understanding. I will look for the update soon. Could you possibly post in here once the nightly update is available for me?

I’ll post it for you @ziplizard.

Still no update?

We’re intending to push it today actually. Note that’s “intending”, since this is the first 9.3 nightly we do a little bit of testing to ensure it doesn’t break anything significant. This WILL be a “nightly” release so it is bound to have bugs.

Note we delayed the nightly until next week, most likely Monday.

Reason being that today is our feature-freeze, so we figured we might as well release the first nightly with all the 9.3 features in there. We’ll start rigorous testing and bug fixing next week.

Nightly is now available: http://komodoide.com/blog/first-komodo-9-3-nightly-available/

Is this the IDE 9 or Edit 9? I use Komodo Edit, can you direct me to the correct nightly download?

Nevermind, I found it. Just had to navigate to the correct tab.

FYI - I just installed the 9.3 KE nightly and the issue still exists. Every file I open has the incorrect indentation and must be manually adjusted. This is very annoying.

I’ve always had problems with Komodo’s indenting. I don’t know how to fix it globally and it devolves into a cluster-frack. I’ll update my settings, but then some files are still using 2 spaces.

How can I set komodo to always use tabs of 4 spaces and - here’s the catch - NEVER-ever allow customized file indentations? This really messes me up, especially with python.

The fix does not work retroactively, you need to reset your file level settings and then it should not happen again.

Open a new tab (ctrl+tab) and on the new tab page hit Troubleshooting > Reset File Preferences. Note this troubleshooting menu is slightly bugged at the moment, if it doesn’t work you can manually reset your file preferences by shutting down Komodo and deleting doc-state.xmlc from your profile folder.

I reset the file preferences manually be removing the doc-state.xmlc from my profile folder. Then I started up KE 9.3 once again and the problem still exists. Every file I open has the incorrect indentation (2,2) and must be manually adjusted. I have been using KE 8.5.4 on a daily basis and it does not have this issue.