Unhandled exception when launching Python shell and debugger

I’ve been using Komodo IDE for a while and I use the Python interactive shell within Komodo almost daily and the debugger occasionally. (I mostly use Python2, but I have default interpreters for both Python2 and Python3 configured in Komodo’s Preferences)

However, since yesterday I’ve been getting the following exception whenever I try to either launch the shell or debug a Python script I’ve been working on:

Python 2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:44:16) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method dbgpSocket._getIncomingDataPacket of <dbgp.client.dbgpSocket instance at 0x0000000002886948>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 8\lib\support\dbgp\pythonlib\dbgp\client.py”, line 2218, in _getIncomingDataPacket
    if argv[0] in [‘stdin’, ‘stop’]:
IndexError: list index out of range

The one thing that made yesterday different from any other day is that I installed MySQLdb via the following installer for Windows, MySQL-python-1.2.5.win-amd64-py2.7.exe, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

I’m on Windows 7 and have “Komodo IDE, version 8.5.3, build 83298, platform win32-x86.
Built on Mon Nov 18 17:03:19 2013.”

That is a strange one… did the installation add a PYTHIONPATH environment variable to your environment (or other PYTHONXXX variables)?

Thanks for the response, I checked my environment variables and there are no PYTHONPATH or PYTHONXXX variables (with the exception of one variable that I have created myself a LONG while back called PYTHON_HOME and which points to the dir of my python.exe).

Perhaps even more strange is that today I tried using the interactive shell and debugger for the first time in the past 10-12 days and they both worked fine and I have not received this error yet.

If I see this error popping up again I’ll check back in.