Python debugger no longer working

Hello,

After switching the python interpreter from python 2.7.1 to pypy 2.3.1 (win32) via (Edit > Preferences > Languages > Python: use this interpreter), I found that the python debugger no longer worked and gave the following error message;

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “app_main.py”, line 75, in run_toplevel
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 8\lib\support\dbgp\bin\pydbgp.py”, line 104, in
import dbgp.client
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 8\lib\support\dbgp\pythonlib\dbgp\client.py”, line 55, in
dbgp.common.builtin.DBGPHideChildren = 0
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘builtin

After reading the following posts:

I made 3 one line changes to common.py, client.py, and _pyclient.py located in the python dbgp package (default location is this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 8\lib\support\dbgp\pythonlib\dbgp)

The debugger now appears to work in both python 2.7.1 and pypy 2.3.1.

I have not extensively tested these changes and have no idea if they work with python 3, etc.

However, if you would like to incorporate/investigate these changes so that other people may more easily use the PyPy interpreter within the Komodo IDE debugger, here are the modified files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/askr6jflbn0axh9/AADV6OU5q68PegMWKAcBooVEa

Thanks,
-Alan

1 Like

It would only let me post 2 links, here are the additional forum discussions relevant to this issue: