Publishing overlapping icons

Try to search something related to git, icons, or status in your prefs.xml. Or wait for a response from the dev team :slight_smile:

maybe it’s an iconset? chrome://iconset-dark/content/manifest/chrome.manifest

Can we still change these?

I’m not sure, but icons are used in the UI a lot. Just wait for Nathan or someone else.

I would open Commando > Packages > Manage Packages > and try removing any packages that having to do with Iconset or skins. I do see that you tried Help > Troubleshooting > Restart without Addons but perhaps that didn’t work properly.

The Icons that you’re seeing don’t exist in the Komodo source any more so that is why I think it’s an addon.

• Carey

I don’t see it as an addon: http://prntscr.com/b56scf

I even tried removing that string element out of the prefs and still the same thing.

Renaming prefs.xml does the same thing as well.

Creating new files in GIT do this. Can’t even see the filenames.

I’d try removing any of those addons you have installed that have an x (not compatible) beside them. I know SITES is broken and needs updating. That’s been reported by the creator of the addon.

Just want to clarify that you moved prefs.xml and prefs.xmlc out of the way while Komodo was shutdown. Upon restart you still saw the issue?

• Carey

I removed all plugins except TODO plugin. Still the same issue. I removed prefs.xml and prefs.xmlc no issue because it deletes all the settings for publishing. So I will have to reset this up.

I get the same issue when removing prefs.xml and prefs.xmlc. Could it be because publishing is being used? Whenever I set publishing up it does this.

On a fresh clean removed folder in .komodoide/10.0 this still happens.

This happens on a fresh clean configuration folder without anything in it. Once you setup publishing it adds the icon and doesn’t pad it over. It’s not a configuration on my end since it’s a clean default config.

Ahhh publishing, that would explain it. Could you please file a bug for this?

• Carey

How did you install Komodo 10? Could you please try completely removing Komodo 10 and installing it fresh. I think your issue stems from a corrupted installation.

I did a fresh install from the install.sh file provided.

Was the target folder perhaps already used for a previous install?

No, I use a different folder for each major install. Komodo-IDE-10 instead of Komodo-IDE-9.

If you setup a project under git, then setup publishing, then open a local folder, are you able to reproduce?

Yup, seems it’s a publishing bug. I’ve opened a bug report here: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/1495

Included a workaround in the bug.

Thank you for this. I also found that hiding the icons all together works too, but your way is better. I will update mine to do that.

Also don’t forget this too included part of the publishing: http://prnt.sc/b56yy3

Do you have that issue too? When you create a new file it shows squiggly lines on it? You might have to have a white/light background for it to show.

It’s essentially the same issue. No worries I’ll look into it. Thanks for letting us know about this! :slight_smile:

Gotcha, well thank you for helping me troubleshoot these. I like your workaround.

The “write your own css” feature is already paying for itself :slight_smile: Fyi userChrome.less in your profile folder would apply to all color schemes.