Pressing 'enter' not returning to correct column in HTML

There must be something I accidentally changed in the settings because I wasn’t having this issue before. Unfortunately, I just can’t find anything in the settings about it.

For example:

<thead>
	<th>Author</th>
	      |<- returns to here instead of being lined up properly 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Could you post a screenshot of your preferences atPrefs > Editor > Indentation?

Hi Nathan,

Sure thing:

Hmm I am unable to reproduce it with those settings. Could you verify that the indentation settings for your file are the same? Right click on tab > File Preferences > Editor > Indentation.

Also, anything in your error log? Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

Another idea - turn on visible whitespace (View > View Whitespace) to see if the two lines have different indentation characters (i.e. spaces v’s tabs), as perhaps that has something to do with it?

Indentation characters seems the same and the indentation settings are the same throughout my files.

It’s strange, it’s like it doesn’t recognize an HTML closing tag. Everything was working fine before though. I could try an uninstall again. Does a default Windows uninstall wipe out all Komodo files, or are some settings saved? Maybe that’s why it didn’t revert back to working order.

The only error messages in the log seem unrelated:

[2014-10-02 08:37:11,125] [DEBUG] places_js: waiting for document complete
[2014-10-02 08:37:11,348] [WARNING] root: ko.findresults was already loaded, re-creating it.

[2014-10-02 08:39:42,128] [WARNING] ko.widgets: DEPRECATED: [object XULElement].tabbox, use [object XULElement].containerPane
    [anonymous]@chrome://domviewer/content/pane.js:209

Yeah that’s unrelated. Have you followed @toddw’s recommendation though? It sounds like you’re “assuming” that all indentation is the same.

If you want to reset your settings you could rename your profile folder (so as to keep a backup), the location of your profile folder is explained here:

I did turn on ‘visible whitespace’, but unsure of what I’m supposed to check.

Basically every indentation on the screen is a ‘---->’

I then get the identical symbol when I press enter after a closing html tag on the line below.