Plenv & Perlbrew support for Perl interpreter / PERL5LIB

I use plenv and perlbrew heavily, and I would really like Komodo to be aware of my plenv configuration.

I feel like I am constantly adjusting the Language >> Perl setting. I have been experimenting with creating a new project for each Perl application, but I feel this is still inferior to Komodo being able to grok my plenv or perlbrew environment.

perlbrew site
plenv site

Since this would be an enhancement request and a new feature, this wouldn’t be implemented until probably Komodo 10. I do recommend you file an enhancement request though. Perhaps we can can assist you in finding an efficient way to setup Komodo quickly.

Before I go over the docs for those tools, can you tell me if they work by creating a new executable like Pythons virtualenv does? From the bit I read from the plenv repo that doesn’t seem to be the case. It sounds like it plays with environmental variables.

• Carey

Plenv is written in bash, and helps manage the local perl path via environment variables. Perlbrew is similar, but is written in Perl. They don’t create new executables.

plenv
perlbrew