Local Help files

How to give path for “Python Reference (local)” menu item located in the Help -> Help for Languages menu.

When I click on “Python Reference (web)”, it opens my firefox browser with the python reference website. When I click on "Python Reference (local), I get the alert “Could not open browser at /usr/bin/firefox” which is where my firefox executable is.

I’m using Komodo 9 on fedora 20. Thanks for any help

1 Like

Same issue with “Tcl Reference (local)” menu item located in Help --> Help for Languages.

When I click on “Tcl Reference (web)”, it opens my browser with ActiveState’s Active Tcl User’s Guide page as expected.

With Edit–>Preferences–>Web & Browser set to “System defined default browser” and then click on “Tcl Reference (local)”, I get the alert “Could not find a graphical browser on the PATH with which to open ‘(null)’.”

When I change the Web & Browser preference setting to any of my installed browsers (selected from the list provided) and then click “Tcl Reference (local)”, I get the alert “Could not open the browser at …” Does not matter which browser is selected (I tried Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome).

I reported this issue in 8.5.3 and support walked me through how to add a custom menu item with an attached custom command to launch the Tcl .CHM help file. The workaround is nice but I sure wish ActiveState would get the native local language help functions working correctly. It just feels “broken” otherwise.