Komodo XHTML5 doesn't recognize <aside>, <figure>, etc

I’ve been looking for ages for a good XHTML5 editor, and I’m ready to pay!

I just installed Komodo 9.3.1. build 16424, and it looks really slick. So I immediately opened up a test XHTML5 file named test.xhtml that starts like this (as XHTML5 files should):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html  lang="en-us"  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

It caught the lines which ended in LF instead of CRLF (impressive!). But unfortunately the syntax highlighter is telling me that <aside>, <figure>, ` are all invalid:

HTML: Error: <figure> is not recognized!

This may be a deal breaker, and is very disappointing for an editor that supposedly has HTML5 support. How can I fix this?

(Yes, I have verified that the language is set to HTML5, not HTML.)

Hi Garret,

It seems we need to update our version of HTML Tidy in Komodo. You can fix this issue by going into Prefs > Syntax & Spell Checking. Then select “HTML 5” from the dropdown menu under “Language-specifc syntax checking properties” and then uncheck “Check With HTML Tidy” and check “Check With html5lib”

I’ve opened a bug for this issue, but the workaround above should address your problem.

Bug report:

Ah, much better—thank you!

I’m trying to post other defects I’ve found, but the forum isn’t letting me. It says there is a limit on how many posts I can make… :frowning:

I’ll update your user account, but please use the bug tracker if they are indeed defects, the forums are only for general user support :slight_smile:

I’ve moved this thread under Resolved category. The issue isn’t resolved at the moment, but just to keep the Forum clean and because Mr. Nathan filed a bug - I did it.

Have a good day.