Komodo IDE Ubuntu 14.04 window resize problem

Hello!
Text gets duplicated in the fashion displayed every time i resize the main window.
This is 100% reproducible. Resizing a side pane or activating / deactivating one fixes it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

PS, I came across the ‘solution’ i mentioned on a blog that i can’t find right now which means i am not the only one with this problem.

Anything in your log? (Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File)
I cannot reproduce it :frowning:

nothing, anything else i can do ?

here is the link with the same problem, very detailed http://www.techborder.com/techie/vmware-and-komodo-edit-display-problems/

What version of Komodo are you running? Are you also using VMware (or similar virtualization software)?

win8 > vmware workstation 11 (same issue with 10) > ubuntu 14.04 unity > komodo 9.0.1
version 8 of komodo didn’t have this issue using the same setup

Have you tried playing with vmware settings? Specifically those regarding your videocard would be of interest. I’m not very familiar with vmware myself so cant say exactly what those would be.

now that you mention it, turning off 3D hardware acceleration, which is the only vmware video setting of consequence , fixes komodo. but it’s not a solution. i’ve never had a single issue with other software inside vmware, that includes running photoshop using wine using the aforementioned 3d acceleration.

No worries, I asked you to test it in vmware because its easier.

Disabling hardware acceleration in Komodo should get around the issue, try this:

1. Open a file
  2. Preview the file “in a browser” but set it to open in a Komodo tab
  3. Replace the file address with about:config to get into the settings
  4. Look for layers.acceleration.disabled and set it to true
  5. Restart Komodo

unfortunately that didn’t help

since activating a side pane after resizing ‘fixes’ the issue until the next resize, what’s the easiest way to automate this action by komodo?