Komodo IDE 9 using exccessive CPU and Battery

When I use Komodo IDE on my laptop running on battery, I notice it uses approx %70 of available cpu cycles. This tends to raise my battery power consumption from 25w up to 30-35w per hour.
Battery life drops from 4 hours down to around 2 hours.

Is there anything I can change in settings that would affect this?

Hi @Luke_Nukem,

Sharing your OS type and version and the exact Komodo version (Help > About Komodo) you’re running would be helpful. Also your logs, Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File.

In the mean time, I would make sure you are running the latest version of Komodo which is 9.0.1.

• Carey

Doh! Sorry, that didn’t cross my mind at all. I use Linux Manjaro. Running latest version of K-IDE also.

Logfile on Pastebin: Link

Does running Komodo with a clean profile make a difference?

hello, I have the same problem.
cpu usually run 40~100%.
battery from 100% to 10% just 2 hour.
how should I do to solve this?

Environment:
MacBook Pro, OX Yosemite, Version 10.10.3
Komodo IDE, version 9.1.0, build 87337, platform macosx. Built on Fri May 29

View Log File:
Link

Please see my previous response.

hi, I try to run komodo with a clean profile, but the problem still exits.
viewLog with clean profile

Can you clarify what you mean by “the problem”? Is it still using high CPU?

I should note I am mainly concerned about the CPU usage here. Even with low CPU usage Komodo will drain your battery faster than most applications as it is based on Mozilla, which is inherently not battery friendly. It’s a shame, I know, but we would rely on Mozilla to make most of the improvements in that area.

yes! I hope komodo run with lower CPU usage, because high CPU makes my laptop very very HOT. And I think lower CUP usage could save a lot battery, maybe.

Very sorry about the massively delayed response.
The newest beta seems to have solved any excessive battery draining. Can’t really pinpoint what was causing it, but it may have been linked to constant thread wake-ups by Komodo IDE.