Komodo Edit and Windows 8.1 64 bit

I cannot install Komodo Edit on my 64 bit pc running Windows 8.1.

“Installer Information
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact your support personell or package vendor.”

All of the forums tell me its compatible, but it’s not. Can you help?

What version of Komodo are you tryng to install? Did you try downloading the installer again? Or try downloading it from another browser?

• Carey

I was able to download komodo-edit-8.5.3-14067.msi via Google, Firefox, and Explorer. I have uninstalled and re-installed Windows Installer and updated it. When it starts to install, I get the message. I’ve also downloaded Komodo-Edit-8.5.4-14424.msi.

Hey @imagesandwords,

Please try manually installing it using the msiexec commandling tool.

If you open the Windows terminal, Start > CMD, then enter the following command Windows will try installing it in the directory you specify:

msiexec /qb /a path\to\installer.msi TARGETDIR=path\to\some\temp\directory\

I would make a temp directory in your C:\users\username\ folder and use that as the TARGETDIR.

Also, where are you downloading the installer from? I have Komodo 8 and 9 running on the machine beside me (my dev laptop) which is Win 8.1 so it should be working for you. We’ll get this sorted out for you.

• Carey