Komodo 9 running slow after some time

Hi, I use Komodo 9 on MAC OS X Maverick. I have MacBook Pro with SSD, 2 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16GB RAM, so pretty good hardware. After some time Komodo starts running slow. I don’t know what is the reason but everything like scrolling, switching between files, auto suggestion is running slow. I nned to restart Komodo to get back to normal, smooth work. Maybe history level is to high but I cannot find a setting for it.

Could you do a memory report when you first start Komodo and then again when it gets slow, right before you would otherwise restart?

Help > Troubleshooting > Memory Usage

I have the same problem. After some time komodo IDE 9.2 is almost unusable on Mac (Yosemite), sometimes I even need to ‘Force Quit’ it. Checked memory but komodo can’t record all memory on mac ('WARNING: the ‘heap-allocated’ memory reporter does not work for this platform and/or configuration. This means that ‘heap-unclassified’ is not shown and the ‘explicit’ tree shows less memory than it should. ').
It looks like it is leaking memory somewhere… In Activity Monitor it starts with around 350M, then after opening eg. 10 files and working some time it goes up to 1.5G. When I close all files it goes down to around 900M (3 times more then when it was cleanly opened)

Were the files you opened large in size?

Yes. PHP and Javascript around 200-300k

Logged a bug here: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/627

It seems that while Komodo cleans up after file closing it does not clean up everything it should. Larger files will have a more noticeable effect.

Thx. Hope someone will fix it.