Komodo 9 hanging?

This issue is obviously not resolved. You ppl found a workaround which is great, but it cripples the ide’s functionality. I already had a case where I overwritten incoming changes from git by mistake because of open files in the editor. I have to admit it was partly my fault, but still we shouldn’t have to disable this feature only because not using a local filesystem.

The resolved status on the forums is only used to indicate the status of the thread. We do not use the forums for bug tracking. ie. the question was answered.

In other words, a “resolved” status on the forums in no way implies the status of a bug.

I’m just saying having the “Resolved” flag in the title is misleading. The workaround only helps when Komodo is already running, and the original question is related to the huge startup delay caused by this bug.

So here is the original problem, and the steps to reproduce it:

1. Start a vpn connection
  2. Open Komodo
  3. Use the “Open Remote Directory” feature to load a filesystem from a remote server accessible on the vpn you just connected to
  4. Open a file from this remote directory
  5. Close Komodo
  6. Disconnect vpn
  7. Open Komodo again

At this point you are going to experience a long delay before anything is drawn to the screen. Nothing signals Komodo has even launched for minutes, which is unacceptable in my humble software developer opinion, and should be considered as a usability bug at minimum.

I’m not asking you to implement async loading, but to treat the sideeffects of not having it. An indicator of some kind, maybe a progress bar could be enough to let the user know Komodo is working, or waiting, or doing something that is blocking.