Komodo 9 Alpha / Beta

Hey all,

A couple of questions about the new release.

1 - I downloaded the Komdo IDE 9 nightly a couple of months ago, but I couldn’t really see anything noticeably different from 8.4. Is there somewhere that logs changes?

2 - What’s the policy on fixing bugs from previous versions? The conversations I’ve seen in the forums have been about new features, and in the past 9 months or so, I think I’ve only seen one of the bugs I have my email against in the bug tracker get any love. I’ve brought this up before, but I thought it worth asking again as things will have moved on since then.

Cheers,
Dave

1 - @toddw gave a basic overview of the biggest changes in his blog, beyond that you’ll have to resort to the git commit log, we’ll post a changelog when we reach a release milestone.

1. We are spending a lot more time fixing small bugs this time around, but at this stage of the development process focus is on enhancements/features, unless they are breaking we will be fixing most bugs near the end of the development cycle. Please feel free to bump your bugs on the bug tracker if they have not been targeted for a release.