Komodo 10 menu

I’m wondering if it’s possible to move the menu hamburger from right corner to left corner: the right corner is very hard to use, since sumbenus are expanding on right side, but there’s no space on right side and so they expand on left side, that is ugly.
Also, I’d like to get the “classic” bar with menu entries (“File Edit Code etc…”) be always visible, while currently I need to hold “Alt” key to get it.
Last (I promise!), I’d like to get that “classic” bar with menu entries be in the right spot (I mean on the window title, as other applications do in Ubuntu). I was using code from Mystic-Mirage until Komodo 9.3, but it looks like PPA is not up to date.

It could be done with CSS, @nathanr probably know what to do.

Hamburger Menu - View - Toolbars - Show Menubar

AFAIK the ppa was using a patch for global menu support in Komodo, so I think it’s not something that you can make without applying this patch. However, to display a Ubuntu’s decorations for Komodo, go to Preferences - Appearance - Use native window borders.

Thank you for replying!
I was able to get rid of hamburger and getting the menubar.
Then I tried to apply the patch for global menubar from Komodo 9.3 and it looks like it’s working! I didn’t expect that, but it’s great!
Thanks again

Good to know! :slight_smile:

Me neither :stuck_out_tongue: Good to know :slight_smile:

Btw, about the global menu, there’s a closed PR for it:

Not sure why it “will not show up in Komodo 10’s new UI” because there’s a setting for enabling native decorations which can put the menu in itself in Unity.

The PR was closed, not merged, Unity menubar does not exist in Komodo X. Considering that @garakkio says it works it might be worth revisiting.

I know it was closed, that’s why I wrote “closed”, not “merged” :slight_smile: