How To Allow Komodo IDE Access To My computer Clipboard

My copy and paste in the IDE is not working because I cannot do selections with the cursor. In a previous post I saw that the writer who had had had a similar problem had solved it by disabling webroot on his computer and then, “allowing komodo access” to his clipboard. I don’t have webroot on my computer. I have tried to allow the IDE “access to the clipboard” by checking the text boxes next to komodo in my computer’s Fire Wall.Nothing has changed. Any suggestions, please, on the correct procedure for “allowing komodo access” to my clipboard ?
I can do copy and paste with the context menu but this is quite cumbersome because I can only copy one word or one whole line a time.
I have tried to uninstal and re-instal komodo but nothing has changed.Copy and paste was working fine when I was using komodo Edit 9.

What OS is this happening on?

Windows 8. I remember a screenshot of cmd.exe created by @mirundiuk

Hi @mirundiuk,

I see you’re still hitting this issue. Just a reminder, this is not at all related to the issue where Webroot was breaking copy and paste. From what you’re saying, Komodo has access to your clipboard.

That means Komodo can access your clipboard. What it sounds like you cannot do it select multiple rows and columns of text with your mouse.

Please provide us with exact steps of what you are trying to do, what you expect to happen and what actually happens. We can diagnose once we fully understand your use-case.

Thanks for getting ahold of us for help,

• Carey

It is happening on Windows 8.1.

Regards

Being unable to select multiple rows and columns only applies when I am using the Right-Click context menu.
I cannot do any selections at all without using the context menu.
1.Press the mouse button and try to drag the mouse over a piece of text from A to B. In the normal circumstance circumstances, I would expect the mouse to drag over and highlight the text from A to B but the mouse simply doesn’t drag over the text-it simply moves the text without dragging down over it-so no text is selected.
2. When I open up the same file in firefox, selecting any area of the text with the mouse becomes possible but not before file is opened up in firefox.

Hi,

What happens when you use the Shift+Arrow keys on your keyboard? Are you able to create selections that way? If so, then we know that the mouse is to blame. This may sound silly, but can you create a test user on your Windows machine and try to run Komodo there? I wonder if there is some strange mouse setting that’s confusing Komodo.

@mirundiuk,

Thanks a lot for confirming the reproduction steps. This is definitely not a clipboard issue. I think Mitchell is on the right track.

• Carey

Hello ,
I cannot do keyboard selections either when a file is in the Editor. But I can do both mouse and keyboard selections in the same file after I have opened it in firefox.
I am going to try your other advice of stting up a user on my computer then sign in as this new user and run komodo and see what happens.I will then get back to you.
But do you mean that I possibly need to buy a new mouse ? If so, what mouse would you recommend? I am currently using a Logitech mouse.

Hello Mitchell,
As per your advice, I have set up a Guest auser on my laptop and tried to open komodo as the Guest user but my request to open komodo has been disaalowed with the following message.
Your installed license is not compatible with the this version of komodo.What would you like to do?

1. Update/renew my license now-pre-selected.
  2. I bought a license.Bring me to my account to obtain it.
    3.Visit the ActiveState Komodo website for more options.
    4.Already purchased? Download the installer from ActiveState site,install your license and then restart komodo.
    I bought komodo IDE only two weeks ago and installed the associated license.This message seems to say that the license I installed is not valid. Please let me know what to do next.

The license is installed on your user account, so using a guest account would not give you access to the license. Just run the installer again on the guest account. As long as you are the only one using Komodo you are not in violation of your license terms.

I clicked the link telling me to download my license but the installation was stoped with a message saying that an older version of komodo had been detected on my computer and this version had to be removed via
Add/Remove in the control panel before a license could be installed.I then uninstalled komodo and thereby lost the link that was telling to download the license.I then went to your website ActiveState.com.The only option there is “Buy”. Thre is no option for free downloads if you are an exsisting user of komodo. So my komodo is gone and the only option I have is to buy komodo again after buying it only two weeks ago?
Is it poosible for you to send me a link I can use to download komodo 9.2.1 without going through the buying process again?.
Regards

Your can download your license activator here: https://account.activestate.com/

I have re-installed komodo IDE (9.2.1) but I still cannot do both keyboard and mouse selections within the Editor until I open up the file in firefox.

Any mouse should work. We’re not suggesting you buy a new mouse. We’re trying to eliminate pieces from this issues so we can narrow it down to one thing, eg, your mouse, the driver for the mouse, a setting in Komodo, etc. So even trying your friends mouse will theoretically remove the mouse from the equation.

Could you also try making a select with mouse and key board then posting your logs here? Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File. You can try attaching the log file or paste the logs into a code section.

Thanks for trying a different account.

• Carey

I am not sure about how to attach the log file or how to copy and paste it in a code section.I have been able to copy and paste the contents of the log file into a word document but your system can oly upload jpg and jpeg files and rejected an upload of the word document.
So, please give me guidance on
1.How to attach the log file.
2.What code section you are referring to and how do get to it.

Hi, please just copy-paste your log as a reply and do not worry about uploading a file or using a code section. That will make things easier for you :slight_smile:

[2015-10-01 13:13:30,247] [INFO] Startup: Welcome to Komodo
IDE 9.2.1 build 87651 (platform win32-x86, running on Windows post2012Server
version 6.3.9600)

[2015-10-01 13:13:30,247] [INFO] Startup: C:\Program Files
(x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\komodo\lib\mozilla\komodo.exe built on Tue Sep
01 17:19:15 2015

[2015-10-01 13:13:41,982] [WARNING] console-logger: mutating
the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead
create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using
Object.create (1) in resource://gre/modules/Preferences.jsm:381

[2015-10-01 13:13:42,654] [WARNING] root: ko.logging has
been converted to a CommonJS module; use require("ko/logging")
instead (since Komodo 9.0.0a1).

@chrome://komodo/content/komodo.js:15:1

[2015-10-01 13:13:49,154] [ERROR] console-logger: bad script
XDR magic number (0) in :0

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "",
line 0, in 

[2015-10-01 13:13:59,950] [WARNING] root: ko.findresults was
already loaded, re-creating it.

[2015-10-01 13:14:09,176] [INFO] komodospellchecker: Spell
checker loaded.

[2015-10-01 13:14:09,177] [INFO] komodospellchecker: Using
dictionary en-US

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,236] [WARNING] console-logger:
Unexpected value  parsing x1 attribute.
(1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/command.svg:0

Unexpected value  parsing y1 attribute.

Unexpected value  parsing x2 attribute.

Unexpected value  parsing y2 attribute.

(1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/browser.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,250] [WARNING] console-logger:

(1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/macro.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,266] [WARNING] console-logger:

(1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/snippet.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,266] [WARNING] console-logger: Unexpected
value  parsing x2 attribute. (1) in
chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/snippet.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,438] [WARNING] console-logger: Error in
parsing value for 'opacity'.  Declaration
dropped. (1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/command.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,438] [WARNING] console-logger: Error in
dropped. (1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/browser.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,453] [WARNING] console-logger: Error in
dropped. (1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/macro.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:12,453] [WARNING] console-logger: Error in
dropped. (1) in chrome://komodo/skin/images/toolbox/snippet.svg:0

[2015-10-01 13:14:14,828] [WARNING] console-logger: mutating
the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead
create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using
Object.create (1) in file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ActiveState%20Komodo%20IDE%209/komodo/lib/mozilla/components/koamAddonManager.js:138

I sent in ( to Mitchell) a copy of the contents of my komodo log file on Friday last week. Please let me know the situation re finding a solution to my komodo copy’s inablity to copy and paste. The program is difficult to use without a normal copy and paste functionality.
Regards

Hi, thanks for sending the log. Unfortunately it doesn’t shed any light on your problem. I still don’t have any new ideas why it’s not working for you :frowning: