Configure HTTP Inspector for localhost

Hello. I’m on Debian 8 (Jessie). I’m install LAMP (Linux + Apache2 + MySQL 5 + PHP5.6) server and configure it (localhost:80). How I can configure HTTP Inspector for my local server? What the port I must using? Help, please :smile:
I want to see what the requests get server and what it response.

By default it listens on port 8080, but you can use any available port you want. Check Prefs > HTTP Inspector.

To use the HTTP Inspector you need to set up a proxy in your browser to point to your localhost on the port you configured. Check the documentation for more information.

SwitchProxy tool is not available in Mozilla store. But I found another plugin. If I get a result - I’m say about it.

Okay, here my guide.

1. Download FoxyProxy Standart from Mozilla addons.
  2. Open FoxyProxy (click on blue/orange dog(or not dog, I don’t know what is it)).
  3. Click on Add (in right sidebar, sorry, I have Russian version of FoxyProxy and don’t know truth name of this button).
  4. When you get a very big window, click on 2 radio button (Configure proxy or something like this) and enter in “Host or IP-Address” 127.0.0.1 and in “Port” - port that you choose in HTTP-Inspector (at my case: 8080)
  5. Go to “URL patterns” (tab #3) and click “Add”
  6. Etner “Pattern name” (I type “test123”, IT’S NOT IMPORTANT!11)
  7. In “URL pattern” enter *localhost*
  8. Click OK.
  9. In first tab of FoxyProxy - proxy parameters change color to anything, but not dark-blue (it’s used by default proxy and you can be confused)
  10. ???
  11. Profit, you are awesome.

Yep FoxyProxy is a great option (albeit a bit bulky). For the record you don’t need to install an addon to configure a proxy though, ie. http://www.wikihow.com/Enter-Proxy-Settings-in-Firefox

But FoxyProxy can be used not only to connect to localhost:8080 :smile:

Right, I was just stating it “for the record”, for anyone who might read this in the future.

1 Like