Can't debug Perl

Hello Everyone

I’m on Windows 8.1 and using Strawberry Perl with Komodo.

I get a very strange problem when i try to debug my Perl Script, as soon as i hit F5 i get the output in the callstack window as shown below. Has anyone encountered something like this ? I get the same error in both 8.5.3 and 8.5.4, i have tried to rinstall Komodo etc. Strange is that it was working a couple of days ago when i started to evaluate Komodo.

Any help or feedback is apreciated !

Thank you in advance!

Call stack >

Use of ?PATTERN? without explicit operator is deprecated at C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 8 nightly\lib\support\dbgp\perllib/DB/DbgrURI.pm line 310.
Search pattern not terminated at C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 8 nightly\lib\support\dbgp\perllib/DB/DbgrURI.pm line 311.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Program Files (x86)/ActiveState Komodo IDE 8 nightly/lib/support/dbgp/perllib/perl5db.pl line 708.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Program Files (x86)/ActiveState Komodo IDE 8 nightly/lib/support/dbgp/perllib/perl5db.pl line 708.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Best Regards
Jan Eskilsson

I’ve not run into this error locally (though I am using ActivePerl of course :P).

Which version of Strawberry Perl are you running?

Hi Todd

Thank you for your response. Its Strawberry version 5.16.3 but i dont think thats the problem. It worked for a couple of days but then it all of a sudden stopped working and started to throw this error. I tried to uninstall and install again but with the same result :frowning:

Best Regards
Jan Eskilsson

As a workaround - try removing that block of code at DbgrURI.pm line 311 that’s causing the error (it’s test code anyway), does that resolve it?

I am getting the same error, would like to know how to resolve. It worked fine with a single Perl file and it worked fine with the sample project, but when I created by own project bringing in files from my existing folder structure, then I get the error.

Could you please open a new thread and explain your problem thoroughly?